Before you start packing to move, you’ll want to get organized. Moving houses can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be! Follow these professional tips for packing your next move.
#1 What you’ll need:
A notebook to stay organized and keep track of the contents of your moving boxes. Keep it with you at all times.
Boxes in a variety of sizes and a clear plastic bin.
#2 All About that Box:
– label each box with a number, and write down the contents of the box in your notebook. This will seriously help when it’s time to unpack.
– Put heavier items in small boxes (you want to be able to lift the box so don’t go over 30 pounds)
– Put heavier items on the bottom of boxes and lighter items on top. Load heavier items into moving truck first.
– Fill empty spaces with clothing, towels, linens, and other soft materials.
#3 Hey! Be Careful With That!
– Wrap your fragle items in packing paper or bubble wrap (or in clothes to save money)
#4 Tape Everything:
– Securely tape boxes with extra protection around the box’s top and bottom edges
#5 Think Ahead:
– Disassemble large furniture
– Bring an overnight bag with the essentials: toiletries and a change of clothes
– Pack things you’ll need right away in the plastic tub like: paper towels, toilet paper, cords, chargers, snacks, eating utensils, towels, pet food, and tools