Take a look at our new video showcasing all of our units and services. We’ve got plenty more and are very proud of how these came out so be sure to give it a look and let us know what you think.
If you’re like us, then you have been paying attention to how the Wildcats are doing in this year’s March Madness basketball playoffs. And, if you have been watching, you know that, as of last night, the Wildcats have made it to the elite eight, once again playing against Wisconsin.
Last year, Wisconsin beat U of A at this exact same position, and the folks downtown did not take too kindly to that fact. We are hoping that this weekend is different and that the Wildcats move past Wisconsin and, hopefully, all the way to the top of the charts.
We would also hope that (knock on wood) if they lose, people will not do what they did last year and cause a ruckus downtown. For the following week, our city was all over the news, but not for any good reasons. We all love Basketball and were upset that the team lost, but there are better ways to mourn. It’s a moot point anyway, because the Wildcats are going to beat Wisconsin.
So, for those of you getting ready to spend your weekend by watching the Basketball team, we hope you have a safe time and enjoy yourself responsibly. Next week we are going to have some great tips to share with you and we hope to see you back here.
Have a good weekend and Bear Down.
This weekend marks the start of the weekend long street fair and we are excited about it. The street fair is a bi-annual event that takes the downtown area by storm and we love the variety of things you can see just by walking up and down the street. With the events happening this weekend, we thought we’d give you a run-down of the three most important things to keep in mind.
- Buying: Typically the vendors accept cash, but not everyone wants to carry all of their cash on them for things they might buy. If you fall under this category, keep in mind that there are ATMs scattered throughout the event that you can take advantage of should you find something that you absolutely need to take home
- Weather: Today is going to be a little cloudy for the most part, but Saturday and Sunday are going to be clear with a temperature in the low to mid eighties. This is perfect weather for being outside and taking in all that the street fair has to offer.
- Enjoy yourself: The street fair only comes around twice a year and it is always a great time in the community. Make sure to give yourself a lot of time to really take in all that is happening, and maybe even check out a few events you normally wouldn’t have considered. It’s always the right time to try something new.
Valentine’s Day is here again and that means a few things. For those of you who are trying to shower your significant others with affection, having a romantic weekend plan can be of a great benefit. Not sure how you want to go about it? We got you covered with these easy to follow tips.
5 tips for Valentine’s Day:
- Plan ahead: If you haven’t made a dinner reservation yet, do so right away. People love eating out on Valentine’s Day so restaurants usually get filled up pretty quickly.
- Have a night in: Didn’t get that reservation? That’s O.K.—Find out your significant other’s favorite dinner and make it for them. Homemade dinners are always the best way to celebrate.
- Make your own card: Speaking of homemade, Get a little crafty with your card this year. A personalized card will mean so much more and will be custom for whomever you give it to.
- Make it all weekend long: Why not? Do a special dinner on Saturday and a special breakfast on Sunday. Go the extra mile and let that special someone know how much you care.
- Enjoy yourself: At the end of the day, it is just a moment in the year where you acknowledge your relationships with special people in your lives. Enjoy it.
At the end of the day, what you chose to do for your significant other is your own business. These tips, however, can help you frame the way you go about your plans. Either way, we hope you have a great weekend and a special Valentine’s Day.
This weekend brings the time-honored tradition of the Super Bowl party. Each year people gather around at one location to watch the biggest televised sporting event in America. The Super Bowl party has become sort of a national holiday and making sure a Super Bowl party goes off without a hitch is something on the minds of hosts everywhere. By following this simple list, you can be sure your Super Bowl party will be the event of the year.
- Closet space is king: People are going to have jackets and shoes and other clothing items, so make sure there is ample closet space for your guests.
- Set-up a table just for food: You aren’t going to want your living room overcrowded with food trays. Clear off a table in a separate room and place your food there buffet style.
- Start Early: Like thanksgiving, the superbowl is a big food event. Don’t stress out by waiting until the last minute. If you can make dips and other snacks the night before, do so.
- Seating: Depending on how many people you have at your house, you might want to rearrange the seating so people can see the game and interact with each other as well.
- Potluck: For the Super Bowl it is always the more the merrier. By having people bring additional food items, you will be able to spend less time preparing foods and more time getting your house ready for the company.
Regardless of who you are hoping wins, a good Super Bowl party is a good Superbowl party. By following these five simple tips, your Super Bowl party will be a fun time for everyone, yourself included.
For those of you that don’t know, A-Family is the biggest traditional storage company in Tucson. We got that way by being the best, and we strive to keep this level of commitment each day. We bring the best services around because we care about the people who use our services. For those of you getting ready for the Superbowl between the Seattle Seahawks and the New England Patriots, and are in need of Superbowl party storage, we thought we’d get a few words in edge wise on how our storage services are both diverse and helpful. Check out the list below:
- Ample storage of three convenient sizes.
- Warehouse and hobby units.
- R.V. and Boat storage (Select Locations)
- Packing materials available at every location.
- Attendants on location to answer all your storage questions.
As game day gets closer and closer, having the best storage on your team will make for a great experience. Stop by today to see what one of our units can offer you.
This weekend ushers in the last weekend before the Christmas Holiday. If you’re like us, you are running around trying to get those last bits of holiday extravagance handled. There are always things to do, and preparations to be made, and so we wanted to highlight a great event taking place here in Tucson. That’s right; Tucson locals will recognize the Parade of Lights as an annual tradition of Christmas and Holiday festivities. In it’s 20th year. The parade of lights we’ll be taking place on Saturday December 20th. One more thing, this year we are going to be in it. Be sure to come on down and cheer on A-Family as we make our way through the parade route.
Starting at 4pm at Amory park, the Parade of lights begins with a Desert Soul community marching band, a performance from Refugee focus, “Puppets Among us” at 5:30, The Mayor’s Lighting ceremony, and the beginning of the parade at 6:30. As the last weekend before Christmas, The parade of lights is one of the last Holiday themed events taking place in the area. Be sure to check it out with friends and family.
We hope to see you and your family there, supporting A-family and the Tucson Community at large.
Another weekend, another blog. Last weekend saw the Wildcats get their fourth win in a row, and bring them closer to the top. It was such an exciting time and a great comeback for Tucson’s favorite college team.
A part from that, we have been busy getting our name out there. Last week was the TAR expo (Tucson Association of Realtors) and we are positive our presence was felt. We had a great Coyote Mascot driving the attention to our booth, and we had a good time talking with other local businesses about the benefits of having storage. It was fun, but it was also an opportunity to address some question that we feel might also be useful to share with the rest of the world at large.
Storage And Its Endless Uses:
It’s hard to narrow down all the specifics of Self Storage. It’s a pretty straightforward concept, but we are constantly being surprised by the nuanced uses our customers find for our storage units.
Our hobby units have been seeing a lot of traction. People have been coming in and doing their own hobbies, but also have been working out of these units for their own businesses. It’s encouraging to think that someone can come into one of our facilities and use one of our units to create a business and have the space they need to make it fully operational.
On the other hand, we have our traditional users; people coming from all over Tucson looking for that extra bit of space that they need to get their house in order. It’s great to be a part of that, and it just goes to show the wide diversity one of our units can have.
These are just the two extremes we see on our lots, but there are many uses in-between that constantly surprise us. We knew the validity in storage, but it is still exciting to see the uses constantly evolving with our customer’s need, and there’s not much more you can ask for. So, if you are in the need for storage, no matter the usage, we have a unit for you, and will be able to accommodate your every need.
It’s finally here. The Tucson Street car has opened, and people are lining up to enjoy their first rides on the first day. There has been a lot of discussion taking place these last few months, but there is a resolution, today, to the ten-year struggle to modernize Tucson’s downtown. With this change comes some new concerns, but we are prepared to give as many tips as possible that are going to be very helpful.
Know Your Route: With anything new, it’s important to familiarize yourself with how the thing works. If you want to ride the new street car, be sure to know which cars are going where, what time, and what stops get made along the way. When you know the plan, it becomes easier to execute. This is a simple thing, but knowledge is power and soon enough you’ll be riding the new streetcar like a professional.
Be aware of your surroundings: For driving with the new streetcar, it’s important to become even more aware of your surroundings. Traffic should not get too disrupted by the presence of the streetcar, but you’ll want to be aware of parking and pulling out of certain spots. Routine is a hard thing to break, but reaffirming the need to check your surroundings will keep you, and your car, safe.
Watch out for the tracks: For the cyclists in the area, streetcar tracks can be a fickle thing. When biking, watch out for the tracks. The simplest slip-up can result in your wheel getting stuck and you on the ground. When crossing over the tracks, the best way to go about it is to turn over it so your wheel and the track run perpendicular. This is a simple tip, but it is a life saver for crossing tracks, just be sure to look out for oncoming traffic before you turn.
And that’s it for the tips. We hope you are all enjoying the streetcar, and all that this modern convenience has to offer. This is a big step to a more modern downtown, and makes this great city even greater. As always, check back with us next week for the latest tip. Have a great weekend.
Tips, you say? We’ve got tips. Tips for all seasons, but more importantly, we have a few choice storage tips that can help you put some of your prized belongings into storage.
Living in Tucson during the monsoon season has its pros and cons. After the surge of dry, sweltering heat, the monsoon season comes to us with a nice cool down with the rain. This then comes with the occasional flash flood, blocked up streets, etc. You take the good with the bad though, and it is a season that has its own unique Tucson flair. What does this have to do with storage? Well, if you have ever tried to move something into storage during this season, you know that a few problems arise. We figured we’d give a few tips to make a move in a surprise storm go by smoothly.
Tarps: If you’re putting your things into storage during this season, it is always wise to bring a tarp with you. Tarps do a good job at being make shift rain coats for your belongings when you are moving something in, or out, of your unit. They can also be a good cover for your things if you are putting them into the bed of a truck. It’s always beneficial to keep one with you when you’re moving, since there is always a chance of a quick rainstorm during the monsoon season.
If things do get wet, hold off on storing it: In the case of one of your items getting wet on the way over to the storage facility, you might want to hold off putting it into storage right away. With the Tucson heat, and the darkness of the storage unit, placing something that is damp into the unit could create an environment in which mold can prosper. If you have an item, or two that happens to get wet on the way over, wait until it dries before putting it into your unit.
Plan ahead: Having a good plan can often times be the make or break when it comes to avoiding unsavory conditions. During the monsoon months, checking the weather reports and figuring out when the chance of rain is highest, will lend itself well to avoiding some down pouring. When you know when the rain is predicted to come, you can create a schedule that will best help you avoid any wet weather.
These three tips will make a big difference in your rainy day storing trips. We hope you find these tips useful, and that your belongings will make their way to their destination with as little moisture as possible. Check back with us next week for more goings-on, tips, and tricks for Tucson.