Take a look at our new video showcasing all of our units and services. We’ve got plenty more and are very proud of how these came out so be sure to give it a look and let us know what you think.
Moving and Storing is a stressful thing. For some, it can even be a traumatic experience, but it does not have to be. With the proper amount of planning and patience, moving and storing your belongings can be a very easy, stress free task. With these tip blogs, we hope to give some insight to those of you about to begin a moving and storing effort by giving some information we have found useful throughout our many years of business. With that said, let’s get into this week’s tips.
5 ways to make storing simple:
- Save newspapers: Preparation can be done even when you are not anticipating a move. If you are getting junk mail newspapers, or have left over coupon books, save them. These are perfect for wrapping plates, dishes, and anything else that is fragile. By keeping some for a rainy day, you’ll have to worry about one less thing.
- Store within things being stored: Getting the most out of your unit is a crucial part of moving and storing. That is why storing smaller things within the larger things can help you stay organized while taking up less space. For example: you are storing a dresser and a bunch of old baby clothes. Go through the clothes and fold them into the drawers of your dresser. Tape the drawers shut and you have prepped two things for storage in one swoop.
- Pack Based on Room: Start in one room and do not move on to the next until you are done with that room. This tip will lead you to a more organized moving and storing situation.
- Move in Teams: Having one group of people pack and move the boxes outside, while another group moves those boxes to the storage facility, will create an “ assembly line” of efficiency.
- Ask for help: It is ok to ask for help. If you feel like doing the job yourself, ask some friends or family members to help you. If you want a more professional touch, you can always contract a moving company to help with your efforts. Either way, you will get the help you need.
These are just some quick tips and we will have more for you each week. Knowledge is power, and so with these weekly blogs we hope to give all our readers the things they need to construct the best moving and storage plan around.
With the move toward February there is a lot of emotions in the air. Mainly because of Valentine’s day, but it also signifies a true moving on of the year. Last weekend was the Super Bowl and now we are on a slow glide through the tail end of the winter season. If you’ve been outside, however, you will have noticed that the temperature has been warmer, making it seem like spring.
This is all a different story for a different day. Today we want to focus on the top five things you can do to have a better moving experience. Here they are:
- Find The Closest Location To You: A-Family has over 17 locations in Tucson and can accommodate your storage needs with the closest facility near you.
- Plan Everything: We always mention this, but that is because it is the single most important step in the storage process. When moving, having a plan will allow you to make the best decisions concerning your move.
- Use Perks: A-family offers a free moving truck to our customers. By taking advantage of this service, you can make your moving process go smoothly.
- Packing Supplies: We ran a blog about the importance of packing supplies and how much of a difference they can make. We offer a variety of packing supplies in our store and can help you choose which ones will make your storage experience best
- Don’t wait Until The Last Minute: This goes with planning, but having a clear cut idea as to how you are going to store your belongings will make way for understanding what size storage unit it you will need well ahead of time.
By following these simple steps, you will be on your way to ensuring a great moving experience. And remember: storage doesn’t have to be just for people who are moving. A unit can do wonders for organization and space enhancement. There is always storage for every need.