Following our trend from last week, we are bringing the latest in our spring-cleaning series. Last week we tackled going through your bedrooms and decluttering that space and this week we have a much bigger project in mind. Oftentimes, closets and garages gather up a lot of unused or unwanted things. That extra space lends itself well to a set it and forget it mentality. With spring-cleaning we thought we would give a rundown on how to approach these two areas with these 5 easy tips. Check em’ out.
Clearing Out The Garage or Home Storage Spaces:
- Examine The Area: With that first glance, try to make a mental map of what is there and when the last time you used it was. Once you have this information, you will be able to discern what things are staying and what things are going.
- Pick A Spot and Go: It’s important to not get overwhelmed with your garage size, or the extra storage space you are cleaning out. Do the area in small increments to avoid this burden. Find that first doable spot and get right to it without moving on to the next before it’s done.
- Organize: While you’re going through, review the mental map you made. If you come across and old, let’s say, CD player you haven’t used in years ask yourself this simple question: “Do I really need this still?” if the answer is no, then put it in the throwing out pile (see last week’s blog post about pile making). You’re going to have to be a little brutal with your decision-making, but the benefits of a cleared up space will be tremendous.
- Donate: This is something we are going to mention often. Things that you don’t use or need anymore can have a second life. Rather than throw it out, consider, if you will, the possibility that item might have on someone else. Sure, you aren’t using that CD player anymore, but someone might need that exact thing for his or her own enjoyments.
- Implement New Organization: What better time to further your organization than after a big clean? With the new space, you’ll be ready to implement some new shelving units or containers to keep your stuff in line for a more organized garage or storage space.
And there you have it. These 5 easy to follow tips will help you on your way to a more organized home space. Keep in mind there are always things you can do to make this process easier. These tips cover the broad strokes, but you also know what kind of process works best with you. Feel free to mix and match these tips with your own cleaning philosophies to ensure the best experience possible. Check back next week for the next installment.
Spring is on its way and that means spring-cleaning. To ensure everyone has an effective and proficient spring-cleaning, we thought we would give you some information about our storage facilities. We all know that knowledge is power, and the more information you have, the better your spring-cleaning and storage will go.
5 ways A Family will help you get organized:
- Lots of units: No matter what size you need, we’ve got it. For those of you worried about taking out too much space, we’ve got smaller units that will have you covered. For those worried about not enough space, we have large units that can hold everything you want. The hardest thing you’ll have to do is choose what works best for you.
- Storage Supplies on site: For those in need of additional packing material, we have plenty of things available at each location to ensure the easiest move for you.
- Moving Truck: If you have need for a moving truck to alleviate some of the moving stress, we offer one to our renters. This offer is only at select locations, and has a fee of five dollars, so be sure to ask an attendant at your closest facility.
- Hobby Units: In addition to multiple storage unit sizes, we offer hobby units. If you got a room getting taken over by your passion projects, consider cleaning it out and relocating into a hobby unit. You’ll have everything you need and more to pursue the latest craft or hobby.
- Live-in Managers: We have live-in managers that are able to keep an eye on the entire facility
There are many reasons why A-family is the best option for your spring cleaning storage needs, or any year round need for that matter. Take a look here and then at our website to see how A-family can make moving and storage easier for you.
For those of you that don’t know, A-Family is the biggest traditional storage company in Tucson. We got that way by being the best, and we strive to keep this level of commitment each day. We bring the best services around because we care about the people who use our services. For those of you getting ready for the Superbowl between the Seattle Seahawks and the New England Patriots, and are in need of Superbowl party storage, we thought we’d get a few words in edge wise on how our storage services are both diverse and helpful. Check out the list below:
- Ample storage of three convenient sizes.
- Warehouse and hobby units.
- R.V. and Boat storage (Select Locations)
- Packing materials available at every location.
- Attendants on location to answer all your storage questions.
As game day gets closer and closer, having the best storage on your team will make for a great experience. Stop by today to see what one of our units can offer you.
A-Family Storage Tips:
When it comes to storage, we know all there is to know. When it comes to storing belongings in the most efficient way possible, well, we know all of that, too. For this week’s blog, we thought it would be a good idea to drop some storage and packing tips to all of our readers. Follow these nine tips to ensure your storage plan is in-depth and stress free.
- Devise a storage plan that will make the process easier.
- Pack all belongings based on room.
- Use specific colors to denote which room they came from.
- Label everything.
- Make your storage facility trips by room.
- Use tarps to help transfer your belonging. They can line the bed of a truck, or cover open-air belongings from weather conditions.
- Wrap furniture in blankets and bubble wrap.
- Pack the storage unit concisely to ensure easy access.
- Leave a tarp with your belongings so you will not forget it when you unload.
By following these nine simple tips you will be on your way to having the least stressful storage experience possible. It always helps to ask for moving help from friends or family members, and with a well thought out plan, they will be more inclined to help. Also, ask us about our free moving truck options. That’s all for now. Have a nice weekend.