We’re talking about it all month. Spring-cleaning that is, and we are going to spend each week talking about the variety of ways you can systematically tackle the challenge of organizing your belongings. Today, we are going to talk about what you can do with all of those extra clothes from the winter, or just those clothes you no longer wear. Tis the season for cleaning, and here are three things you can do to eliminate all of the extra clothes in your closet.
3 Simple Spring-cleaning Tips:
- Rummage: With spring-cleaning and clothing, sorting through your closet and drawers is a crucial component. For some people it can be hard to part with clothing, but in order to organize and make room for the new, it’s important that you are a little cold when it comes to holding onto the memories of your clothes.
- 3 separate piles: Here’s where it can get a little fun. Create three separate piles for your clothing: Things to keep, Things to Store, Things to throw out. Seasonal clothing is a big factor when it comes to sorting things out, so you may not want to throw out your winter garb, but storing it for next season will help you save space and money by not having to buy additional winter clothes when that time inevitably comes back.
- Donate: So one of your piles is a toss out pile, but you just cannot bring yourself to do it. Don’t worry, there is another thing you can do to get rid of those clothes, but ensure they go on living a happy life without you. Donate them. With a clothing donation, you may very well help out someone find that one perfect article of clothing they always needed, while you organize your living space. That good karma is bound to come back to you.
Everything you do during spring-cleaning months adds up, so why not start with this simple task to get you motivated for the rest of your efforts? When it comes to cleaning out your closet, a systematic approach will do wonders for reducing stress and increasing your productivity. It’s the quickest and simplest thing you can do during the season, so we thought we’d start off our spring-cleaning month with this simple yet effective method to organizing your home.
If you’re like us, then you have been paying attention to how the Wildcats are doing in this year’s March Madness basketball playoffs. And, if you have been watching, you know that, as of last night, the Wildcats have made it to the elite eight, once again playing against Wisconsin.
Last year, Wisconsin beat U of A at this exact same position, and the folks downtown did not take too kindly to that fact. We are hoping that this weekend is different and that the Wildcats move past Wisconsin and, hopefully, all the way to the top of the charts.
We would also hope that (knock on wood) if they lose, people will not do what they did last year and cause a ruckus downtown. For the following week, our city was all over the news, but not for any good reasons. We all love Basketball and were upset that the team lost, but there are better ways to mourn. It’s a moot point anyway, because the Wildcats are going to beat Wisconsin.
So, for those of you getting ready to spend your weekend by watching the Basketball team, we hope you have a safe time and enjoy yourself responsibly. Next week we are going to have some great tips to share with you and we hope to see you back here.
Have a good weekend and Bear Down.
This weekend marks the start of the weekend long street fair and we are excited about it. The street fair is a bi-annual event that takes the downtown area by storm and we love the variety of things you can see just by walking up and down the street. With the events happening this weekend, we thought we’d give you a run-down of the three most important things to keep in mind.
- Buying: Typically the vendors accept cash, but not everyone wants to carry all of their cash on them for things they might buy. If you fall under this category, keep in mind that there are ATMs scattered throughout the event that you can take advantage of should you find something that you absolutely need to take home
- Weather: Today is going to be a little cloudy for the most part, but Saturday and Sunday are going to be clear with a temperature in the low to mid eighties. This is perfect weather for being outside and taking in all that the street fair has to offer.
- Enjoy yourself: The street fair only comes around twice a year and it is always a great time in the community. Make sure to give yourself a lot of time to really take in all that is happening, and maybe even check out a few events you normally wouldn’t have considered. It’s always the right time to try something new.
Moving and Storing is a stressful thing. For some, it can even be a traumatic experience, but it does not have to be. With the proper amount of planning and patience, moving and storing your belongings can be a very easy, stress free task. With these tip blogs, we hope to give some insight to those of you about to begin a moving and storing effort by giving some information we have found useful throughout our many years of business. With that said, let’s get into this week’s tips.
5 ways to make storing simple:
- Save newspapers: Preparation can be done even when you are not anticipating a move. If you are getting junk mail newspapers, or have left over coupon books, save them. These are perfect for wrapping plates, dishes, and anything else that is fragile. By keeping some for a rainy day, you’ll have to worry about one less thing.
- Store within things being stored: Getting the most out of your unit is a crucial part of moving and storing. That is why storing smaller things within the larger things can help you stay organized while taking up less space. For example: you are storing a dresser and a bunch of old baby clothes. Go through the clothes and fold them into the drawers of your dresser. Tape the drawers shut and you have prepped two things for storage in one swoop.
- Pack Based on Room: Start in one room and do not move on to the next until you are done with that room. This tip will lead you to a more organized moving and storing situation.
- Move in Teams: Having one group of people pack and move the boxes outside, while another group moves those boxes to the storage facility, will create an “ assembly line” of efficiency.
- Ask for help: It is ok to ask for help. If you feel like doing the job yourself, ask some friends or family members to help you. If you want a more professional touch, you can always contract a moving company to help with your efforts. Either way, you will get the help you need.
These are just some quick tips and we will have more for you each week. Knowledge is power, and so with these weekly blogs we hope to give all our readers the things they need to construct the best moving and storage plan around.
Spring is on its way and that means spring-cleaning. To ensure everyone has an effective and proficient spring-cleaning, we thought we would give you some information about our storage facilities. We all know that knowledge is power, and the more information you have, the better your spring-cleaning and storage will go.
5 ways A Family will help you get organized:
- Lots of units: No matter what size you need, we’ve got it. For those of you worried about taking out too much space, we’ve got smaller units that will have you covered. For those worried about not enough space, we have large units that can hold everything you want. The hardest thing you’ll have to do is choose what works best for you.
- Storage Supplies on site: For those in need of additional packing material, we have plenty of things available at each location to ensure the easiest move for you.
- Moving Truck: If you have need for a moving truck to alleviate some of the moving stress, we offer one to our renters. This offer is only at select locations, and has a fee of five dollars, so be sure to ask an attendant at your closest facility.
- Hobby Units: In addition to multiple storage unit sizes, we offer hobby units. If you got a room getting taken over by your passion projects, consider cleaning it out and relocating into a hobby unit. You’ll have everything you need and more to pursue the latest craft or hobby.
- Live-in Managers: We have live-in managers that are able to keep an eye on the entire facility
There are many reasons why A-family is the best option for your spring cleaning storage needs, or any year round need for that matter. Take a look here and then at our website to see how A-family can make moving and storage easier for you.
We have mentioned bubble wrap a few times throughout our blogs, but are so enamored with the stuff that we felt it best to devote an entire post to how it can help with your moving and storing. It seems odd to think so much about bubble wrap, but when you get down to it, there are many nuances it brings to a moving and storing effort that we had to mention at least five things about it. Here they are:
- Contained Support: As opposed to packing peanuts, bubble wrap is a self-contained support item that can be put into a box with fragile items. When you are done unpacking these things, clean up is nice and easy.
- Utilitarian: You would be hard pressed to find something that isn’t benefitted by bubble wrap. Whether it be corners of tables, dishes, or anything else you can think of, bubble wrap has it covered. Literally.
- Inexpensive: Compared to a lot of other moving supplies, bubble wrap is typically inexpensive. This is great since the uses are limitless.
- Reusable: Unlike tape or packing peanuts, bubble wrap can be used time and time again. Once you make the purchase and have unpacked it, you can store it for later use, increasing its value and preserving its worth.
- Easy to store: Bubble wrap is not cumbersome. It can be put in a spare box and tucked away in a closet out of sight. This means its reusability does not have a disadvantage to your houses organization should you decide to reuse.
These are just some of the reasons we find bubble wrap to be such a diverse and critical packing supply. If you think about it, there are much more things you can do with bubble wrap outside of popping it. Like with most critical packing supplies, we offer bubble wrap at our locations, so don’t fret if you forgot to get some. We have you covered…in bubble wrap (couldn’t resist the joke).
Valentine’s Day is here again and that means a few things. For those of you who are trying to shower your significant others with affection, having a romantic weekend plan can be of a great benefit. Not sure how you want to go about it? We got you covered with these easy to follow tips.
5 tips for Valentine’s Day:
- Plan ahead: If you haven’t made a dinner reservation yet, do so right away. People love eating out on Valentine’s Day so restaurants usually get filled up pretty quickly.
- Have a night in: Didn’t get that reservation? That’s O.K.—Find out your significant other’s favorite dinner and make it for them. Homemade dinners are always the best way to celebrate.
- Make your own card: Speaking of homemade, Get a little crafty with your card this year. A personalized card will mean so much more and will be custom for whomever you give it to.
- Make it all weekend long: Why not? Do a special dinner on Saturday and a special breakfast on Sunday. Go the extra mile and let that special someone know how much you care.
- Enjoy yourself: At the end of the day, it is just a moment in the year where you acknowledge your relationships with special people in your lives. Enjoy it.
At the end of the day, what you chose to do for your significant other is your own business. These tips, however, can help you frame the way you go about your plans. Either way, we hope you have a great weekend and a special Valentine’s Day.
With the move toward February there is a lot of emotions in the air. Mainly because of Valentine’s day, but it also signifies a true moving on of the year. Last weekend was the Super Bowl and now we are on a slow glide through the tail end of the winter season. If you’ve been outside, however, you will have noticed that the temperature has been warmer, making it seem like spring.
This is all a different story for a different day. Today we want to focus on the top five things you can do to have a better moving experience. Here they are:
- Find The Closest Location To You: A-Family has over 17 locations in Tucson and can accommodate your storage needs with the closest facility near you.
- Plan Everything: We always mention this, but that is because it is the single most important step in the storage process. When moving, having a plan will allow you to make the best decisions concerning your move.
- Use Perks: A-family offers a free moving truck to our customers. By taking advantage of this service, you can make your moving process go smoothly.
- Packing Supplies: We ran a blog about the importance of packing supplies and how much of a difference they can make. We offer a variety of packing supplies in our store and can help you choose which ones will make your storage experience best
- Don’t wait Until The Last Minute: This goes with planning, but having a clear cut idea as to how you are going to store your belongings will make way for understanding what size storage unit it you will need well ahead of time.
By following these simple steps, you will be on your way to ensuring a great moving experience. And remember: storage doesn’t have to be just for people who are moving. A unit can do wonders for organization and space enhancement. There is always storage for every need.
This weekend brings the time-honored tradition of the Super Bowl party. Each year people gather around at one location to watch the biggest televised sporting event in America. The Super Bowl party has become sort of a national holiday and making sure a Super Bowl party goes off without a hitch is something on the minds of hosts everywhere. By following this simple list, you can be sure your Super Bowl party will be the event of the year.
- Closet space is king: People are going to have jackets and shoes and other clothing items, so make sure there is ample closet space for your guests.
- Set-up a table just for food: You aren’t going to want your living room overcrowded with food trays. Clear off a table in a separate room and place your food there buffet style.
- Start Early: Like thanksgiving, the superbowl is a big food event. Don’t stress out by waiting until the last minute. If you can make dips and other snacks the night before, do so.
- Seating: Depending on how many people you have at your house, you might want to rearrange the seating so people can see the game and interact with each other as well.
- Potluck: For the Super Bowl it is always the more the merrier. By having people bring additional food items, you will be able to spend less time preparing foods and more time getting your house ready for the company.
Regardless of who you are hoping wins, a good Super Bowl party is a good Superbowl party. By following these five simple tips, your Super Bowl party will be a fun time for everyone, yourself included.
For those of you that don’t know, A-Family is the biggest traditional storage company in Tucson. We got that way by being the best, and we strive to keep this level of commitment each day. We bring the best services around because we care about the people who use our services. For those of you getting ready for the Superbowl between the Seattle Seahawks and the New England Patriots, and are in need of Superbowl party storage, we thought we’d get a few words in edge wise on how our storage services are both diverse and helpful. Check out the list below:
- Ample storage of three convenient sizes.
- Warehouse and hobby units.
- R.V. and Boat storage (Select Locations)
- Packing materials available at every location.
- Attendants on location to answer all your storage questions.
As game day gets closer and closer, having the best storage on your team will make for a great experience. Stop by today to see what one of our units can offer you.